Types of CookiesIn general, there are three different ways to classify cookies: what purpose they serve, how long they endure, and their provenance. Duration
- Session cookies – These cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser (or once your session ends).
- Persistent cookies — This category encompasses all cookies that remain on your hard drive until you erase them or your browser does, depending on the cookie’s expiration date. All persistent cookies have an expiration date written into their code, but their duration can vary. According to the ePrivacy Directive, they should not last longer than 12 months, but in practice, they could remain on your device much longer if you do not take action.
- First-party cookies — As the name implies, first-party cookies are put on your device directly by the website you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies — These are the cookies that are placed on your device, not by the website you are visiting, but by a third party like an advertiser or an analytic system.
- Strictly necessary cookies — These cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Cookies that allow web shops to hold your items in your cart while you are shopping online are an example of strictly necessary cookies. These cookies will generally be first-party session cookies. While it is not required to obtain consent for these cookies, what they do and why they are necessary should be explained to the user.
- Preferences cookies — Also known as “functionality cookies,” these cookies allow a website to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer, what region you would like weather reports for, or what your user name and password are so you can automatically log in.
- Statistics cookies — Also known as “performance cookies,” these cookies collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymized. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions. This includes cookies from third-party analytics services as long as the cookies are for the exclusive use of the owner of the website visited.
- Marketing cookies — These cookies track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These cookies can share that information with other organizations or advertisers. These are persistent cookies and almost always of third-party provenance.
What cookies are we using This site uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Session Cookies: those do not store personal information and are used by the site to preserve the visitor’s session state across pages
- Ecommerce Platforms: In order to be able to purchase online and /or use all website features and functionality, you will need to have cookies enabled. You will still be able to browse our site if you disable cookies but certain features will not be available. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but you can check your cookie settings.
- Third Party Plugins/Solutions: We work with several marketing agents who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes. This means that once you have left our website, you may see adverts promoting products similar to what you viewed. If you’d like to opt out of this type of remarketing, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website.
- Third party cookies
Some cookies may be set on your computer by third party sites and systems we may use.
- Analytics: We use Analytics to provide us with information on this site. In order to insure we do NOT store personal information through such system we are masking visitor’s IP address through the option settings. The information provided allows us to better understand where visitors come from, what area of our site they like best and some of their behaviours on our site.